If I could go back and tell myself something then I would definitely retell this from Sarah Blondin:
- Put down the fashion blogs, and hours wondering about your physical flaws. Look inward. True value is not from someone else thinking you’re fit, it’s from you, and you alone.
- Sit down and breath.
- True riches are not from, cars and houses. It’s from patience, grace, kindness, and wisdom.
- Take a moment to stop and appreciate your health, your quiet time, your bed, it’s not being so bloody hot all the time!
- I found that when I was younger I had no direction or support. I was actually longing to meet my true self. All I ever want and need, is within me. There in the quiet of myself is where I would find my answers.
- Sometimes my mind creates noise, like a wasps nest. I point fingers, I choose everything over my true self. I didn’t believe in my own ability to give myself what I needed. All I need to get there is to have patience and to remember to breathe. I would then meet the only person who could carry me through the darkest nights, and the only person who could truly love me.
- Phrases such as “other half”, make us feel that we aren’t complete unless we meet someone else. We are somehow inadequate unless we are married off, or have a bf/gf. At the end of the day the best relationship you will have is the one with yourself.
- Bad Times come with the good. Do not despair. Breathe. Ground yourself. You are strong enough to make this life so beautiful.
Context over Content
Every day we follow near enough the same routine. Get up, go to work, go the gym, eat dinner etc. That’s our content.
Our context is how we view that situation, maybe we are in love. Or you are viewing the situation differently due to gratitude (thankful for your health, a good nights sleep, flowers in your garden). This switch in the context of a situation can instantly take away stress and improve your mood.
Changing content is always hard, you can’t just magic up a new house or new job. However, you can learn to appreciate what you have, or reframe it in a new way. I can say that I went through a cancer scare a few years ago, and I am thankful for my health every day. Yes work sucks, and relationships end but we are so lucky to be alive.